Most of us are familiar with Speilberg’s Jurrasic Park. The screenplay is based on a book by the late Dr. Michael Crichton. Crichton received an M.D. from Harvard Medical School in 1969 but did not practice medicine, choosing to focus on his writing instead. Initially writing under a pseudonym, he eventually wrote 26 novels, including The Andromeda Strain (1969), The Terminal Man (1972), The Great Train Robbery (1975), Congo (1980), Sphere (1987), Jurassic Park (1990), Rising Sun (1992), Disclosure (1994), The Lost World (1995), Airframe (1996), Timeline (1999), Prey (2002), State of Fear (2004), and Next (2006).
Here are few quotes from his Jurrasic Park:
- “God creates dinosaurs, God kills dinosaurs, God creates man, man kills God, man brings back dinosaurs.”
- “A karate master does not kill people with his bare hands. He does not lose his temper and kill his wife. The person who kills is the person who has no discipline, no restraint, and who has purchased his power in the form of a Saturday night special.”
- “Because the history of evolution is that life escapes all barriers. Life breaks free. Life expands to new territories. Painfully, perhaps even dangerously. But life finds a way.”
- “You know what’s wrong with scientific power? It’s a form of inherited wealth. And you know what assholes congenitally rich people are.”
- “They don’t have intelligence. They have what I call ‘thintelligence.’ They see the immediate situation. They think narrowly and they call it ‘being focused.’ They don’t see the surround. They don’t see the consequences.”
- “Scientists are actually preoccupied with accomplishment. So they are focused on whether they can do something. They never stop to ask if they should do something.”
Responding to a question from Dr. Rand Paul in a Senate hearing before, Dr. Fauci said: “Sen. Paul, with all due respect, you are entirely, entirely and completely incorrect. The NIH has not ever, and does not now, fund ‘gain of function research’ in the Wuhan Institute.”
Dr. Paul subsequently said Dr. Fauci lied to Congress under oath.
On May 12, Natalie Winters published the following piece in the The National Pulse: https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusive/fauci-researchers-headlined-wuhan-gain-of-function-event/
EXC: Fauci-Funded Researchers Headlined Wuhan Lab ‘Gain Of Function’ Conference.
A press release from the Wuhan Institute of Virology – believed by many to be the source of COVID-19 – recounts the “2nd China-U.S. Workshop on the Challenges of Emerging Infections, Laboratory Safety and Global Health Security.”
The May 2017 event was “co-organized by U.S. National Academy of Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS), Wuhan Institute of Virology (WIV), CAS and Hubei Society for Microbiology.”
According to the Wuhan lab, the event had five academic sessions, the first of which was “gain of function research, gene editing, targeting and delivery and other novel biotechnology.”
Among the Americans in attendance as special guests were Professors Linda Saif, James LeDuc, and David Relman. Together, the three professors have received nearly 200 grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH), with 75 coming from Fauci’s National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID).
LeDuc, whose earliest grant can be traced to 2006, has received 32 grants from the NIAID, according to the NIH registry. He runs the Galveston National Laboratory, which was “constructed under grants awarded by the NIAID/NIH.”
Saif, who counts funding from NIAID since 1985, has received a total of 56 grants from the NIH, 43 of which came from Fauci’s NIAID.
The unearthed conference follows a heated exchange between Fauci and Senator Rand Paul, where the NIAID Director denied providing funding to the Wuhan Institute of Virology to conduct gain of function research.
NIH grant records reveal, however, that money sent to the New York-based EcoHealth Alliance was used for research conducted at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
The official event web page states:
The opening ceremony was chair by Prof. Zhiming Yuan, the Director of Wuhan National Biosafety Level 4 (P4) Laboratory. Prof. Xinwen Chen, the Director General of WIV, delivered the opening address, in which he pointed out that as a qualified academic exchange activity, this workshop will definitely put forward new ideas for the research on emerging viral diseases control, biosafety laboratory and global health security. The workshop is divided into five academic sessions, including (1) gain of function research, gene editing, targeting and delivery and other novel biotechnology; (2) public health response to outbreaks and issues; (3) emerging infectious diseases and global health security; (4) high-level biosafety laboratory: construction, commissioning, and sustainment, and (5) biosafety, biosecurity and bioethics. Experts delivered 23 speeches in the workshop, and mainly discussed policies in response to emerging infectious diseases. Prof. Linda Saif (academician) from Ohio State University, Prof. David Relman (academician) from Stanford University, Prof. James LeDuc, the Director of Galveston National Laboratory, and Prof. George F. Gao (academician) from Institute of Microbiology, CAS attended the workshop as special guests.
“Welcome to Jurrasic Park.”
And don’t forget your mask.