Maybe Chinese exporters are overstating their exports, in general and to the United States. Overstating exports is a classic way of getting capital into a country with capital controls.
Or, maybe US tariffs have created a strong incentive for firms importing into the United States to go to some lengths to understate their imports from China. Thus, U.S. imports from China are now likely under-counted (which by implication holds the bilateral trade deficit down).
Pepe Escobar in Asia Times discusses Cedric Durand’s “Techno-Feudalism”:
“When it comes to the new property rights of the new Eldorado, all power should be exercised by the Silicon Valley ‘pioneers’, a Narcissus bunch in love with their mirror image as superior Randian heroes. In the name of innovation they should be allowed to destroy any established rules, in a Schumpeterian ‘creative destruction’ rampage.
That has led to our current environment, where Google, Facebook, Uber, and co. can overstep any legal framework, imposing their innovations like a fait accompli.
“Durand goes to the heart of the matter when it comes to the true nature of ‘digital domination’: US leadership was never achieved because of spontaneous market forces.
“On the contrary. The history of Silicon Valley is absolutely dependent on state intervention – especially via the industrial-military complex and the aero-spatial complex. The Ames Research Center, one of NASA’s top labs, is in Mountain View. Stanford was always awarded juicy military research contracts. During WWII, Hewlett Packard, for instance, was flourishing thanks to their electronics being used to manufacture radars. Throughout the 1960s, the US military bought the bulk of the still infant semiconductor production.
“The Rise of Data Capital, a 2016 MIT Technological Review report produced “in partnership” with Oracle, showed how digital networks open access to a new, virgin underground brimming with resources: “Those that arrive first and take control obtain the resources they’re seeking” – in the form of data.
“So everything from video-surveillance images and electronic banking to DNA samples and supermarket tickets implies some form of territorial appropriation. Here we see in all its glory the extractivist logic inbuilt in the development of Big Data.“
The accelerated Tuesday filing deadline may signal that the Supreme Court takes Kelly’s case, which was rejected by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court with prejudice last weekend.
According to Kelly’s filing, the ‘no-excuse mail-in’ voting scheme should only apply in a limited number of circumstances, and that people must vote in person unless a narrow list of excuses applies. Thus, Act 77 and related election access laws should be invalidated – along with votes cast under it in the 2020 election.
Kelly invites the U.S. Supreme Court to conclude as such and that the state court’s way of rubbishing the election violates his rights to petition the government and to receive due process under the First and Fourteenth Amendments thereto.
This isn’t a stretch by any means. The U.S. Supreme Court has said the framers intended the clause as “a grant of authority to issue procedural regulations, and not as a source of power to dictate electoral outcomes, to favor or disfavor a class of candidates, or to evade important constitutional restraints.”
“Routing cartel drug profits from the United States to China then on to Mexico with a few clicks of a burner phone and Chinese banking apps – and without the bulky cash ever crossing borders. The launderers pay small Chinese-owned businesses in the United States and Mexico to help them move the funds. Most contact with the banking system happens in China, a veritable black hole for U.S. and Mexican authorities.”
“I consider it completely unimportant who in the party will vote, or how; but what is extraordinarily important is this — who will count the votes, and how.”
The Memoirs of Stalin’s Former Secretary by Boris Bazhanov, published in 2002. Translated from the Russian, the version which, according to Bazhanov, was uttered in 1923 by Stalin in reference to a vote in the Central Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union.
Here are two segments of the clip showing how votes are counted in the state of Georgia, which we recommend watching on full screen (as well as watching the full video):
First, watch the media in the lower-right quadrant at the long table at 10:40 p.m.
Second, watch what happens roughly 20 minutes later:
November dive followed by a return to the rolling-over trend.
Christophe Barraud: confirms my view that, at best, 4Q GDP growth will slow dramatically compared to 3Q while another GDP contraction still looks possible at this stage. The fact is the rapid spread of Covid-19 will force more states to implement restrictive measures before quarter-end. As a reminder, the biggest contributor to U.S. GDP, namely California, is on the verge of implementing another lockdown with ICU beds already close to maximum capacity.”
The linear warming trend since January, 1979 remains at +0.14 C/decade (+0.12 C/decade over the global-averaged oceans, and +0.19 C/decade over global-averaged land).
But with La Nina surface cooling ahead, minimum temperatures (and El Nino maximum temperatures) show up around February, March, or April. The tropical (20N-20S) temperature anomaly for November was +0.29 deg. C, which is lower than it has been in over 2 years.
On the other hand, the Arctic saw the warmest November (1.38 deg. C) in the 42 year satellite record, exceeding the previous record of 1.22 deg. C in 1996.
1. Hammer and Scorecard is real, and used to manipulate election outcomes.
2. Dominion, ES&S, Scytl, and Smartmatic are all vulnerable to fraud and vote manipulation, as reported in media outlets over the years.
3. Dominion has been used in other countries to “forge election results.”
4. Dominion’s corporate structure is deliberately confusing to hide relationships with Venezuela, China, and Cuba.
5. Dominion machines are easily hackable.
6. Dominion memory cards with cryptographic key access to the systems were stolen in 2019.
7. The counts in the disputed states (Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia) present evidence of electronic manipulation.
8. The simultaneous decision in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia to pretend to halt counting votes was unprecedented and demonstrated a coordinated effort to collude towards desired results.
9. 1-2% of votes were forged in Biden’s favor.
10. Optical scanners were set to accept unverified, un-validated ballots.
11. The scanners failed to keep records for audits, an outcome that must have been deliberately programmed.
12. The stolen cryptographic key, which applied to all voting systems, was used to alter vote counts.
13. The favorable votes pouring in after hours for Biden could not be accounted for by a Democrat preference for mailed-in ballots. They demonstrated manipulation. For example, in Pennsylvania, it was physically impossible to feed 400,000 ballots into the machines within 2-3 hours.
14. Dominion used Chinese parts and there’s reason to believe that China, Venezuela, Cuba interfered in the election.
15. There was a Hammer and Scorecard cyberattack that altered votes in the battleground states, and then forwarded the results to Scytl servers in Frankfurt, Germany, to avoid detection.
16. The systems failed to produce any auditable results.
Based on the above findings, Dr. Keshavarz-Nia concluded with “high confidence that the election 2020 data were altered in all battleground states resulting in a [sic] hundreds of thousands of votes that were cast for President Trump to be transferred [sic] to Vice President Biden.”